Our curriculum of choice is the A.C.E. (Accelerated Christian Education) material from the School of Tomorrow publishers in the United States. All A.C.E. schools within Zimbabwe have to be registered with both the Christian Education Trust (which holds the franchise for all A.C.E. schools within Zimbabwe) and with the Ministry of Education. Our final approval from the Ministry is still pending. From its beginning, Accelerated Christian Education has maintained high Biblical and academic standards and remained committed to setting children on a path for success. The goal is the same today – to prepare children for the world and give them the academic and spiritual tools necessary to glorify God!
How does the A.C.E system work?
The Accelerated Christian Education curriculum is based on a series of workbooks called PACEs, which stands for Packets of Accelerated Christian Education.
– Each subject has 12 PACEs per grade level.
– The basic subjects of ACE are Mathematics, English, Science, Social Studies, and Word Building (spelling and word usage).
– Test Keys are published for corresponding PACEs. When a student enters the ACE system, their academic ability is assessed, and any learning gaps are addressed.
– A PACE is stated to be equivalent to three weeks of work.
– Students set goals of how much work they will do in each subject each day, putting the responsibility for their progress on the student.
– As the student works individually through the PACE, they do a series of reviews, and at the end sit a preparatory test.
– They then sit a PACE test.
– The pass score for a PACE test is 80%, however, if a passing score is not achieved then the student must retake the PACE until they pass.
The International Certificate of Christian Education (I.C.C.E.) has been available in Zimbabwe for several years and was formerly known as the National Christian Schools’ Certificate (N.C.S.C.). The I.C.C.E. is being accepted by colleges and universities around the world.
The I.C.C.E. Programme is based on the Accelerated Christian Education (A.C.E.) curriculum, which has been used in Christian schools and home-schools around the world for the past 40 years. The I.C.C.E. is a Christian alternative to secular qualifications and is recognized by a growing number of employers and universities in many countries. I.C.C.E. provides an excellent standard of education that successfully equips students for higher education and the workplace, while helping to develop a Christian faith that is grounded in a confident, reasoned understanding of the teaching of the Bible as the Word of God.
I.C.C.E. provides graduating students with an internationally accredited qualification that enables them to gain entrance to universities and colleges around the world and to find their place in the world of work according to their interests, aptitudes and achievements.
In order to register for the I.C.C.E. qualification, you must be a member of a school or home school academy.